The Configuration Control Board (CCB) is formed from a select group of representatives from each agency in the user community.
The Configuration Control Board (CCB) is the "Board of Directors" of DPAS.
- Ensure that system changes and related programmatic changes (i.e., consideration of proposed cost and schedule changes) are processed in a visible and traceable manner
- Provide a forum to discuss: (1) actions that need to be taken, (2) responsible agents are assigned for performing agreed-upon work, and (3) decisions and assigned actions are recorded
- Communicate changes to the user community
- Ensure the application and associated services meet the needs of the overall DPAS community
The CCB is comprised of representatives who oversee, propose and review proposed software releases and property requirements. CCB members test changes and provide recommendations as needed.
The voting membership of the Board consists of one representative from each major user of DPAS. Non-voting members can participate in meetings and communications but cannot vote on priorities for the System Change Requests (SCRs). These may be headquarters (HQ) level property managers or technical representatives.
- Act as the DPAS focal point for their agency, ensuring that Systems Change Requests (SCRs) and agenda items are fully coordinated, and all concerns, questions, or problems are addressed
- Complete a narrative explanation of the benefits of proposed SCRs from their Agency
- Attend CCB meetings and participate in SCR reviews
- Participate in the System Acceptance Test (SAT) for new releases as needed
- Review recommendations to change the configuration of DPAS
- Monitor the development and implementation of improvements
- Coordinate with DPAS stakeholders to ensure recommended system changes are not counterproductive regarding modernization policy or process
- Incorporate cost benefit analysis into the decision making process
- Ensure complete, accurate, and timely changes are made to configuration documentation
System Change Request (SCR) Process:
A list of SCRs are located on the DPAS Support website. Follow these steps below to submit an SCR.
- Download an SCR form in PDF format and complete the form
- Navigate to the DPAS Support Site; select Support > System Change Requests from the menu.
- Review the DPAS Support Site for current SCR's assigned prior to submitting your request. If you see an SCR that contains the same requirements you were going to submit, email the User Advocates. This will allow us to annotate other Agencies are looking for the same functionality.
- Complete all sections of the form, except the SCR Number field. Specify process in current terms, keep it short and concise, and include screen shots if possible. Complete all sections to include: Description, Recommended Solution, Mission Critical, Benefits and the Priority of the SCR (which can be found on the second page) by checking the appropriate box.
- Submit the SCR to your CCB representative for review and digital signature reflecting approval.
- Approved SCRs are sent to the DPAS User Advocates who will then analyze the request.
- If the request is approved, it is passed to the SCR registrar who logs it into the SCR database and assigns a number. The SCR submitter is notified via email and the SCR is forwarded to developers for review.
- A consolidated SCR list is presented to the CCB members to rank overall priority. This list is reviewed in the CCB meetings and a final decision is made.
- A prioritized list of SCRs is placed on a schedule for completion. This information is provided to the CCB members.
The CCB meets on a regular basis throughout the year. Contact us for a list of your agency's current CCB members.
The Configuration Control Board regularly meets with representatives from all areas of DPAS support including the Program Office (AT&L - P&E) and Central Design/Management Support (Leidos). During these meetings, DPAS teams present new updates to the system and training, plans for the future, and announcements for upcoming events.
Select from the list below for agendas, notes, action items and all presentations related to each meeting.
CCB Meetings 2018
- Presentations available for the March, 2018 CCB meeting include Planned releases for 2018, Enterprise Catalog, and future projects.
CCB Meetings 2014
- Presentations available for the Aug 27-28, 2014 CCB meeting include Account Management Procedures, Property Accountability and Maintenance & Utilization Future Plans, Warehouse Management Overview, SCR's Completed and the New Rankings and Future Release Functionality.
CCB Meetings 2013
- Presentations available for the May 7, 2013 CCB meeting include Audit Readiness, GFP, Fleet Management, SCR's Completed and the New Rankings, Warehouse Module Account Management Procedures and Future Release Functionality.
CCB Meetings 2012
- Presentations for the March 15, 2012 CCB meeting include Virtual Training, RFID/AIT, M&U Module Functionality and Future Release updates.
CCB Meetings 2011
- In 2011, DPAS introduced new functionality for Maintenance and Utilization, changes to User Accounts and introduced a new Support Site which featured an updated design, usability and downloadable resources.
CCB Meetings 2010
- In 2010, DPAS introduced new functionality for Military Equipment, Existence & Completeness, and Government Furnished Property (GFP). Online training moved to a new Learning Management System (LMS), DPAS eLearning.