The DPAS program office is located within the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense - Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics (OUSD-AT&L), in the Property and Equipment Policy (P&EP) office.
- Maintains accountability policy, DoDI 5000.64 - Accountability and Management of DoD-owned Equipment and Other Accountable Property
- Reviews internal controls for asset management and financial reporting
- Coordinates efforts with logistics and comptroller offices
- Reviews financial improvement plans of services and agencies
- Manages the Defense Property Accountability System (DPAS) initiative
The P&E office also supports the Department in meeting laws, regulations, and other property policy requirements, such as audit readiness requirements, existence and completeness initiatives, contract property management, and more.
Items of interest also include:
- Asset valuation
- Government Furnished Property (GFP)
- Existence and Completeness
- Disposition of Assets
- Inventory Efficiency and Automation (including RFID, IUID and other inventory methods)
For detailed information on P&E programs and initiatives, please go to www.acq.osd.mil/pepolicy