A high level of security is built into the DPAS application. Not only is DPAS served on a secure server, it also comes with role based security. This means users have only as much access to the system as their positions require of them.
- PKI Enabled - Computer Access Card (CAC) is used for single sign on
- Role Based Access Control - permissions for specific functions and fields are restricted by user role
- Data Sharing Rules - users assigned only to data they are permitted to view or update
- Hierarchieral Data structure - allows components to control level of data access per user
- User profile type - security functions are separated from standard worker and administrative tasks