This form can be broken into five sections:
- User Info - Please complete User’s Last Name, First Name, Middle Initial and EDIPI (Note: EDIPI only required if signature of DPAS User is not present at the bottom of the page.)
Next, type in your Program Name and select which environment is being requested as well as form type (New User or Update User).
- Main Access Level - Determines Tier level where user’s Update, and Inquiry roles will be applied for use.
- Select the Tier from the drop-down menu provided.
- Next add the corresponding Assignment Tier information as it appears in DPAS. (Example: if you choose ICP Tier level - then complete which Division and ICP. If you choose Program level , once you select that level and click outside of the box you will see the “All” boxes checked for Division and ICP. Make sure your Program is listed above.
- Next make the Role Selection under “I want to” - you will select either “Add this role” or “Delete this role” and then choose the role from the role selections drop-down.
We recommend that you open this form electronically using Adobe Acrobat. You can easily complete the form and avoid common errors with the built in rules programmed in the electronic form. Adobe Acrobat Reader is available for free from the Adobe website.
Note: Each section has a reset button to the right.
The form can be downloaded with instructions:
Section 2 - Main Access Levels
There are three levels of access in DPAS. Understanding these levels will ensure the proper access is granted.
- Program - top level of access. Users at this level have access to assets, requisitions, and contracts throughout the entire Materiel Mgmt Program. This level is only available for Standard user types at the Inquiry level.
- Division - users at this level can manage all assets, requisitions, and contracts for the ICPs under their specific Division.
- ICP - lowest level of access. Access privileges are restricted to the ICP specified on the form.
Once you have an understanding of the access tier levels, you can assign role(s) to the level needed.
Select the Main Access level for "Update & Inquiry" from the drop-down menu provided.
Section 2.2 - Assignment
Based on the Main Access Level selected, the corresponding Assignment information should be completed. (Example: If selecting Division level access, then provide which Division. If selecting ICP level access, then provide which Division and which ICP. If Program level access is selected, when you click outside the box, you will see the “All” box checked for Division and ICP).
Section 2.3 - Role Selection
Each process in DPAS is assigned to a specific role. Every user is assigned one or more roles in the system.
Partner with your Information Owner (IO) to determine which roles are required. All roles are listed in the drop down menu once you select whether you want to add or delete. If you are not sure who your IO is, please contact the DPAS Support Help Desk for guidance.
- Roles Spreadsheet - XLS (270 KB)
In the above example, note the functional differences between the Materiel Management Officer and Inquiry roles:
- Action Buttons - The Materiel Management Officer has access to Add/Edit/Delete, where the Inquiry role is "Read Only" in this process.
After reviewing the security access levels and roles, you must complete the necessary information on the DPAS Roles Request form. Contact your supervisor or the Information Owner (IO) for your agency if you have questions regarding your choices.