Who Should Attend:
This course is recommended for those individuals responsible for life-cycle management of DoD assets utilizing the Defense Property Accountability System (DPAS).
- DPAS APO - 4 days (0800 - 1600)
- Check our Training Registration for upcoming course dates or Contact Us if you wish to host this course at your site.
The APO/PA course includes complete instruction in using the Defense Property Accountability System (DPAS) to manage Government property and equipment assigned to an organization. The course is designed to provide the student with an understanding of the complete system functionality and capabilities.
Please review the Roles Spreadsheet on Accountable Property Officer (DPAS1010), Reports and Forms Generation (DPAS1140) and Data Inquiry (DPAS1130) roles to see what topics will be covered during this training.
In this class, you will learn:
- - all fundamental DPAS principles
- - key skills in using DPAS for day-to-day Property Management and Inventory Business processes
- - the inquiry, reports and forms processes in DPAS
- General Computer Skills - be able to navigate in a Microsoft Windows environment
- General Property Management Knowledge - have a fundamental understanding of property management principles
- CAC (Common Access Card) - must be with you for each day of class
Program of Instruction:
- Introduction to DPAS
- Asset Management
- Master Data
- Skill builders and practical exercises (throughout)
DPAS eLearning Online Preparation:
You must take the corresponding online course for your role in DPAS eLearning to receive a certificate and to gain access to the related functionality in DPAS.
You must pass each exam in the online course with a 77% or higher to receive certification for your Custodian training.