Who Should Attend:
This course is recommended for those individuals responsible for Fleet Management. This includes receiving new vehicles, tracking warranties, performing Work Orders, Dispatching and recording Utilization information.
- DPAS Fleet Manager - 3½ days (Days 1 - 3: 0800 – 1600; Day 4: 0800 to 1200)
- Check our Training Registration for upcoming course dates or Contact Us if you wish to host this course at your site.
The Fleet Manager course is a combination of DPAS PA and M&U modules to manage your DoD fleet and for the purpose of FAST reporting.
Please review the Roles Spreadsheet on Property Administrator for Fleet Management (DPAS1023), DPAS Inquiries (DPAS1130), Reports and Forms (DPAS1140), M&U Officer (DPAS8010), M&U Reports & Forms (DPAS8050) and M&U Data Inquiry (DPAS8040) roles to see what topics will be covered during this training.
In this class, you will learn:
- - All fundamental DPAS principles
- - Key skills in using DPAS Property Accountability module for:
- Receiving a new Vehicle
- Turn in / DRMO of a Vehicle
- - Key skills in using the DPAS Maintenance & Utilization module for:
- Creating and managing Work Orders
- Dispatching equipment/vehicles
- Recording utilization of assets
- Tracking of warranty, services and subscriptions
- Performing Inquiries and processing Reports and Forms
- General Computer Skills - be able to navigate in a Microsoft Windows environment
- General Property Management Knowledge - have a fundamental understanding of property management principles
- CAC (Common Access Card) - must be with you for each day of class
Program of Instruction:
- Introduction to DPAS
- Property Accountability Setup
- Document Number Range
- Asset Management
- Maintenance Activity Setup
- Equipment Pools
- Dispatch Category
- Certification & Licensing
- Maintenance team
- Contracts and Contractors
- Profiling Assets
- Warranty, Services and Subscriptions
- Preventive Maintenance
- Asset Utilization
- Work Order
- Skill builders and practical exercises (throughout)
DPAS eLearning Online Preparation:
You must take the corresponding online course for your role in DPAS eLearning to receive a certificate and to gain access to the related functionality in DPAS.
You must pass each exam in the online course with a 77% or higher to receive certification for your Custodian training.